St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£22000 - £26000 per annum + overtime, pension additional benefits
6 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 1st/2nd Line Support Field Engineer to join a Telecoms and IT provider based in South of England.
The role will be accountable for supporting customers answering and resolving technical queries. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and be able to work independently and as part of a wider team.
The Support Field Engineer responsibilities will be to provide technical troubleshooting solutions which include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote managements tools to provide immediate support.
- Answering incoming customer calls.
- Dealing with technical faults via an electronic ticketing system.
- Taking ownership of issues to resolution.
- Helping customers to troubleshoot issues they have and where necessary using third party portals to log faults and keep customers informed every step of the way.
- Managing these requests via an in-house CRM/ticketing system.
- Required to visit customer sites for resolution/installation of solutions.
- Required to work with other departments to provide pre-sales support as and when required.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, in accordance with job role performed (1st/2nd/3rd or NOC).
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time, monitoring customer responses and any upcoming SLA events.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure that Ticket notes are updated accurately including detail.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for management as and when required.
- Maintain professional relationship with clients at all times
- From time to time, you may be required to work out of hours in the resolution of issues.
- IT helpdesk experience, preferably with external customers and working remotely
- Windows Server Estates - Microsoft Server Environments, Exchange/File Servers/Domain Servers/DHCP
- Desktop support, Desktop setups/Desktop Applications etc
- Network Infrastructure, Data switch/Router setup and support/Cabling formats/Coms room environments
- MS 365 Products and suites - Office 365 / MS 365
- Teams/SharePoint/Identity and Access Management/Threat Protection/Device Management
- Microsoft Teams (including telephony and direct routing)
- Peripheral Equipment - Printers setup/WiFi/Web Filtering/AV etc.
- £22,000 - £26,000 DOE
- Flexi working.
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increases with length of service
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please email and up to date CV. If you don't receive a response within 5 working day please assume your application has been unsuccessful.