Eccles, Greater Manchester
£22000 - £30000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Our client is a growing fully managed IT services business, with a heritage of 15 years' experience working with Schools, SME's and large corporations across the UK to provide connectivity and technology solutions to enable them to work faster, smarter and more securely.
Working closely with customers, our client tailor solutions to enable them to take full advantage of all the communication benefits of Ultrafast and Superfast broadband services alongside added value services such as secure networking and monitoring, content filtering solutions, VOIP, GDPR Compliance, proactive & preventative Cyber Security solutions, Penetration Testing, vulnerability assessments and Cloud Hosting to name but a few.
The Field Engineer will be based out of head office in Manchester and provide 1st and 2nd line IT Support. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years' experience working within a 1st/2nd line support role, be customer service focused, naturally strives to be and do better, wants to progress their IT Career to the next level and has knowledge in Microsoft Technologies, Server Virtualization and Enterprise Networking. The candidate should be self-sufficient and have a pro-active approach to their role, able to work under pressure and have initiative.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the Service Desk when call volumes are high
- Resolve incidents within the Service Level Agreements
- Attend customer sites for incidents and installations
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to the Sales team as and when required.
- Build, Implement and support Group's VOIP Platform and its users.
- Provide match day support for the sports events at the customer site, time off in lieu is given to the Engineer for the additional match day support.
- Undertaking and working on small to medium sized projects and technical implementations as instructed by management
- Keeping documentation up to date for all systems (hardware and software). Including all applications installed and network topology/diagrams
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a 1st / 2nd line position (Essential)
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
Knowledge of the technologies listed below (Essential):
- Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- Windows 7 - 10
- Office 365 & Exchange On-prem
- Microsoft Active Directory (On-prem and Azure)
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP * Server virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
- LAN/WAN Technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Basic understanding of Fiber Optic communications
- Basic understanding of VOIP, SIP and ISDN
- Basic understanding of ADSL/VSDL, FTTC, FTTP and Point to Point technologies
- Experience working with Huawei Core Networking, Huawei OceanStor SAN Storage and Huawei Wi-Fi Access Controllers (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience working with Ubiquiti Unifi products - AP's, Switches and USG's (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in working on SonicWALL & Fortinet Firewalls (Beneficial but not essential)
- Any experience within Cyber Security would be considered as a bonus
- Certifications relating to the required technologies would be beneficial
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.