£20000 - £23000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Salary - £20-23k
Location - Longfield, Kent
Working under the Accounts Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be mainly responsible for the Purchase Ledger, making sure they accurately reflect the contracted purchases of the Company. There will also be a responsibility to ensure that the Sales Ledger and Credit Control is up to date.
The duties of this role include:
- Opening and collating the finance post, distributing the cheques and invoices to the-appropriate member of staff
- To obtain authorisation of supplier invoices in accordance with company policy
- Posting supplier invoices to the Ledger once authorised.
- Maintenance of supplier records
- Reconciliation of supplier statements as directed by the Accounts Controller
- Raising urgent payments as required
- To assist with Purchase Ledger reporting requirements and procedures where necessary
- Liaising with suppliers and other departments to investigate queries and solve any issues
- To provide cover/support for the Sales Ledger / Credit Controller during holiday and busy periods
The skills and experience required for this role include:
- Proven experience within an Accounts Assistant role or similar is essential for this role.
- AAT Qualified, and/or qualified by experience
- Good understanding of bookkeeping, the relationship between general ledger, sales and Purchase Ledger and company record
- High level of numerical and grammatical accuracy
- Strong communication skills, ability to liaise with members of the team efficiently
- Confident in Microsoft Packages, including Word, Excel, Navision and Outlook.