Up to £30000 per annum + additional benefits
12 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Network Engineer to join a rapidly growing telecoms business. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years expedience in the Technology or Network Sector. The role is key in the Network Operations team, working with the Head of Network Strategy & Operations to provide a third tier of technical support.
- Network management and routing protocols.
- Write and maintain network/operational documents.
- Monitor, interrogate and customise network elements.
- Maintenance of network systems, this may include maintaining server hardware and provision a range of virtual machines including but not limited to - CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows Server.
- Maintaining network supporting systems including but not limited to - RADIUS, MySQL Databases, Agora
- Plan an effective maintenance programme for optimal network performance (including performing Security. Audits on the network for potential new threats or exploits using tools such as ZenMap, nMAP and Kali Linux.
- Run and terminate fibre optic cables including splicing.
- Install network equipment.
- Carry out scheduled and emergency network maintenance.
- Identify ways to improve our network and our procedures.
- Work with and ensure that the SLAs are met with the key active equipment vendors to resolve 3rd line issues.
- Train Level 1 and Level 2 Customer Support Teams on the fibre network.
- Carry out onsite surveys and preparation of survey reports.
- Assist with the development of internal and external system requirements.
- Assist with the production of quotations for installations and service provision.
- Switching (Layer 2 and Layer 3), Routing, BGP, OSPF, IP, VLANs, QinQ, POE, Trunking and Capacity Management and be familiar with the 7 Layer OSI models.
- Understanding of Fibre networks and specifically GPON architecture and associated equipment (OLT, ONT etc.) and systems.
- 2 years' experience in the Technology or Network sector.
- Network management system such as Agora, Nagios, The Dude and Librenms.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of wireless technologies and be familiar with such matters as RSSI, Antenna Gain, dB, Fresnel Zones and Channel Interference and link budgets.
- Up to £30,000
- Additional benefits
- Further training and development
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.