£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits package
about 2 years ago
A great opportunity for a Business Intelligence/ Development DBA has arisen to join this successful, growing fast paced organisation based in Deeside.
You will be responsible for managing and optimising the company SQL code used for reporting, working with other departments to deliver business intelligence, maintaining and creating data integrations between our systems and servicing customer data requests. You will be in a unique position to help define the roadmap for change within a business that is investing heavily in new technology.
- The role will fulfil a mixture of supporting day to day activity, maintaining SQL database assets, improving business intelligence and implementing projects.
- Review the current business intelligence estate, documenting and rationalising our reports and alerts.
- Suggest processes and technologies to improve company control, implementation and delivery of business intelligence across the company.
- Working with colleagues to improve our reporting capabilities, toolsets and implementation of business intelligence projects. This will combine pragmatic work making business as usual work effectively and implementation of projects to improve our business intelligence capability.
- Documenting, maintaining, rationalising and continually improving SQL queries, views and stored procedures to optimise business performance.
- Working with colleagues to improve our reporting capabilities, toolsets and implementation
- Providing technical and business advice to colleagues on our data assets and methods of utilising them effectively.
- Maintain, design and own ETL processes across all systems
- Aid in the implementation of new technology to support business growth
This role offers a basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package. Hours of work are Monday to Friday working 40 hours between 8.00am - 6.00pm.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- SQL and/or reporting certifications
- Experience of common reporting tools, preferably SSRS, Power BI, Qlikview.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL, with other programming languages beneficial
- SAGE or other ERP experience is required, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a fast-based business environment.
- Business intelligence and project experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and is a self-starter.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- T-SQL Development
- Writing reports and producing dashboards
- Manage subscriptions
- Share point integration
- Query Tuning
- Index Tuning
- SQL Profiler
- Excel Data Connections
- JSON (pull into, and export from, SQL)
Email your CV for this great opportunity - if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.