£65000 - £85000 per annum
5 days ago
NMS Recruit is recruiting exclusively for a Chief Executive Officer for West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce.
West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce is the leading organisation representing the business community across West Cheshire and North Wales and has been supporting businesses for over 100 years. As an independent, not for profit organisation, our objectives remain clear: to promote and encourage business for our members and others regionally, nationally and internationally to improve commercial growth and prosperity.
They are proud to be one of 53 Chambers of Commerce accredited to the British Chambers of Commerce and are the only cross-border Chamber in the UK.
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Permanent, Full-time position
Salary: £65,000-£85,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Travel allowance, laptop and mobile phone
Company health care and pension scheme available
Main purpose of the role and its primary objectives
To lead and deliver the Chamber's mission, vision, values and strategy
Reporting to the Chamber's Board of Directors, the primary role of the Chief Executive is to provide strategic direction to further develop the Chamber and take it to the next level, to realise our ambitions to grow, to be recognised as a key stakeholder in the region and beyond, and to play a leadership role in enhancing the business community across West Cheshire & North Wales.
The CEO should understand the complex political and diverse region the Chamber operates within and ensure that the organisation remains apolitical in its campaigning and lobbying endeavours. They should be skilled in engaging with a variety of stakeholders from MPs to business leaders and be able to produce the highest quality of leadership across all our operations and teams to deliver for the Chamber and our members.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take the lead across all aspects of the Chamber by reviewing member engagement, company goals and by delivering fresh ideas that will drive the Chamber forward
- Lead the Chamber team to create and implement strategies and goals
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement and innovation
- Oversee the day to day running of all Chamber operations
- Plan and manage financial strategy, budgets and cash flow
- Ensure financial targets and KPI's are met across all teams
- Develop and manage new and existing revenue streams
- Oversee all aspects of HR including recruitment, appraisal meetings with Team Managers and provide support and guidance to the Chamber Management team
- Support the Head of Membership to work and develop relationships with Patron, Strategic and Key Members - recruitment, retention and support
- Ensure the Chamber is responsive to members needs and our members remain at the heart of everything we do
- Develop and implement strategies, plans and policies for review/approval by Board
- Provide regular, meaningful management and strategic reports and presentations to the Board and Executive Committee
- Attend all Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Ensure the Chamber continues to meet British Chambers of Commerce accreditation standards
- Engage with the British Chambers of Commerce team, CEO's from the UK BCC accredited Chambers and CEO's/Presidents of the British Chambers of Commerce Global network
- Communicate the vision for the Chamber, act as an ambassador for our members and ensure we continue to be 'The Authentic Voice of Business'
- Deal with press and media enquiries and opportunities
- Engage with key stakeholders, MP's, MS's and political leaders (UK and Welsh Government)
- Meet and communicate with members regularly to ensure the CEO has a thorough understanding of our members needs and challenges to represent them effectively regionally, nationally and internationally
- A natural people person who enjoys meeting and speaking to businesses of all sizes across all sectors, from start-ups to corporates and is passionate about helping others
- A proven track record of successful business management at the appropriate level
- Ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyse organisation performance and to project financial performance
- A track record of delivering financially sound business performance through budgetary control and performance management
- Must be able to prioritise time to manage all areas of this demanding role effectively
- Experience of dealing with the media and managing stakeholder relationships
Skills & Abilities
- Socially at ease, articulate, diplomatic, and politically astute
- Adept and confident handling the media
- Ability to motivate others to be champions of Chamber initiatives
- Commitment to the best business practices for the Chamber
- A passion for helping businesses grow and develop with a strong community spirit
- Knowledge of the diverse West Cheshire & North Wales economic landscape and business community desirable
- Essential: Hold a valid UK Driving licence
The West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce is a Disability Confident Committed Employer and has achieved the Silver Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Award
Closing Date for Application is 31st January 2023.