Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pension, hybrid, additional benefits
17 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Fibre Planner to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry. As Fibre Planner you will take ownership of all aspects of the fibre network design, being able to work to strict deadline while being flexible to meet requirements when needed.
- The capture of initial areas of interest and costing estimates for the Executive team to review.
- In preparing the complete technical design, costings and pack for the build to enable a route walk to establish the most effective route and cabinet locations. Highlighting initial areas of possible wayleaves and access requirements.
- Designing and overseeing the design to the agreed Fibre architectures. (FTTP)
- Responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice.
- Helping to develop, implement and champion network topologies.
- Applying data quality within our asset and customer management systems.
- Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness.
- Highlight and escalate major design variances to the senior planner while having a flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information.
- Delivering short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components.
- Working with Vendor relationships regarding securing a repeatable supply chain.
- Ensuring and overseeing the design acceptance.
- Ensuring as-builts are received, checked and stored.
- Knowledge of BT PIA infrastructure & the rules regarding its use.
- Minimum 3 years FTTH planning/design role experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a Telecommunications environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience of working on a GIS related system.
- £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.