£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Our client was established several years ago and is today is recognised as a prominent UK Manufacturer, supplier & wholesaler. Distributing over 20,000 branded consumables and equipment products, our client is also a leading manufacturer of over 1300+ of their own brand label supply lines including everyday consumables.
You will oversee accounting procedures and prepare reports, financial plan and manage transactions. You must be able to assume responsibility of the accounting and financial tasks that will ensure business growth and long-term success
- Preparing Management accounts and financial data with variance analysis and commentary.
- Document financial transactions by entering transaction information.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Compliance work such as confirmation statements, director appointments and change of details.
- Managing payroll, occupational pension schemes and ancillary activities.
- Guides accounting staff by coordinating activities, training and answering questions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing transaction information.
- Holiday cover for accounting staff.
- Liaising with HMRC and suppliers.
- Compliance work with all company related HMRC obligations.
- Month end routine - accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, revenue recognition, amortisation and depreciation
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Management of invoice finance and other loaning facilities
- Communication and preparation of various reports under the company's external debt agreement on a monthly basis.
- Treasury functions and cash flow management.
- Formulate or restructure accounting and finance functions when needed.
- Ad hoc reporting as directed by senior management
- Preparing, liaising and coordinating year end accounts work with external auditor.
- New company formations and legal activities.
- Minimum 3+ years' work experience
- Proven experience as management accountant, accounting supervisor or similar role
- Part Qualified/Passed Finalists - CIMA/ACCA
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Good communication and presentation skills to explain financial matters to non-financial personnel's
- Familiar with retail industry process and procedures
- Medical product background desirable or similar fast paced environment
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Good data input skills.
- Experienced IT capabilities including Microsoft Office suite / Outlook with strong Excel skills
- Prior use of Sage or other CRM Sales Management System (desirable) - Khaos (training will be given)
- Self-starter with willingness to assume responsibility and take charge
- Good time-management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage workloads
- Motivated by results with the ability to bring new ideas and best practice to the team and company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as a key player
- Self-motivated, confident and focused approach to get the job done
- Ability to work under pressure (and remain calm) and easily adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Committed, punctual and reliable
- Great negotiating and customer service skills as role requires regular internal and external communication
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.