Gatwick, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client is a specialist aviation interiors business, from full design & development with an extensive range of in house manufacturing capabilities, in line with their EASA Part 145 certification they also offer a wide range of cross sector services such as, On site / wing overhaul, flammability testing , seat overhaul, dry cleaning. With existing partnerships already in place with BA, Easy Jet, Ryan Air, Virgin Atlantic KLM & tui our client is becoming a market leader.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Sales is on the Senior Management team and is the team leader of the wider sales force and, as such, is responsible for the budget, management, development, training, and recruitment of the team. The individual should be comfortable balancing the demands of field sales with team management and the reporting of key business metrics to a board level and input into key strategy.
Having accountability for turnover growth and business expansion into new areas, the Head of Sales will be the key account manager for areas of strategic growth, dovetailing Business & Private Aviation opportunities with our clients already established Commercial Aviation offering. They will assist in the development and marketing within the "VIP" space to establish the company within the Business & Private Aviation sector and will take advantage of an established contacts list to present VIP within that market at an appropriate price point. Represent the business with customers and at agreed trade shows.
They will be a key stakeholder in the product development process, helping to provide the 'customer voice' through the design and development process, ensuring project scope is clear and is meeting customer requirement.
- Drive business development to aid the growth of revenue and profitability within the Business & Private Aviation sector, across all services and product groups
- Grow turnover and margin within commercial, business and private aviation clients
- Presentation of us in the market as a viable alternative to our competitors, embodying our key tenets of Quality, Reliability and Design excellence
- Develop new customer accounts to achieve tender opportunities on new projects. Ensure these opportunities provide suitable margin return and that they meet market pricing and fall within Airbase's operational scope.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and repeatable gross margin across all sold product ranges, negotiating price increases and beneficial business outcomes where this is at risk.
- Previous consistent sales achievement over target in the commercial and business/ private aviation interiors industry
- Superior & demonstrable negotiation skills combined with excellent presentation skills.
- Inspiring leadership and team management
- Excellent understanding of CAA regulatory requirements for Part 21G and Part 145.
- Aviation business acumen and financial literacy required.
- Ability to project manage key opportunities collaboratively with internal and external teams, providing best in class communication.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.