Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
6 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Officer to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
You will support the Health and Safety Manager in ensuring the company is fully compliant with UK law and best practice standards for the telecoms industry and play a key part in establishing Health and Safety procedures across the business ensuring they are fit for purpose as the business develops. You will assist with supporting staff on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations
- Support with the development and implementation of safety and environment procedures, including risk assessments, method statements, accident investigations, internal audits, and induction training.
- To act as an advisory point to all staff and managers on matters arising to Health, Safety & Environment.
- Provide input on ways to improve the companies environmental impact and reduction of any waste products.
- HSE Compliance - Ensuring processes and activities required by applicable legislation and to ISO 14001 & 45001.
- Ensure all statutory obligations around service and maintenance of plant and equipment are carried out in a timely manner and by appropriate qualified personnel.
- Work with various Site Managers to oversee on and off-site Health, Safety and Environment.
- To work with contractors, subcontractors and employers to ensure that a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- EHS Liaison - Communication and liaison with various internal and external HSE stakeholders.
- To keep abreast of the changing Health & Safety legislation and ensure the company remains compliant and that management discharge their duties effectively.
- Prepare and present various health and safety toolbox talks.
- Maintaining complete and accurate Health & Safety and Environmental records to a legal and company standard.
- Coordinate audits, risk assessments and essential meetings which are relevant to the position and responsibility and ensure close out actions from audits.
- Internal audits - planning, conducting, recording main findings, follow up on actions.
- Providing monthly/quarterly reports on various KPIs.
- Ensuring information for the processing of complaints in the reporting system is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend safety training and safety forums to update job knowledge and enhance their personal skill set.
- Conduct DSE assessments and fire evacuation assessments for office-based employees.
- Review project preparation activities including Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
- Organise safety training for others to ensure that company staff are aware of the safety principals in their roles.
- Carry out investigations to identify root causes of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
- Provide any information re trends of incidents.
- Perform safety site visits to subcontractors.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Level 2 minimum)
- Experience in a Health & Safety role (preferably in the Telecoms environment)
- Experience of conducting and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Understanding of legal requirements
- Experience with safety site visits/subcontractors
- Attention to detail and a persistent approach to following up enquiries
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Up to £40,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.