Up to £32000 per annum
over 2 years ago
An Infrastructure Engineer is required for this with leading business based in Deeside. This company is well established, dynamic and fast moving.
The Infrastructure Engineer will provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business, responding to, prioritising and taking ownership of tickets raised via the service desk and seeing them through to successful completion.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities as well as opportunities to work on state-of-the-art hardware.
The Infrastructure Engineer will also be responsible for actioning tickets that have been escalated from the support team.
- Provide 3rd line IT support to colleagues across the business
- Take ownership and manage support tickets through to successful completion or escalation ensuring adequate information and handover notes are detailed on the ticket.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues using a mixture of desk side visits and remote access tools, utilising a range of skills gained via at least 3-5 years of providing Infrastructure support in a fast-paced environment.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to log, escalate and track outstanding issues through to resolution.
- Identify and escalate where necessary all issues affecting the normal operation of the warehouse and customer order processing.
- Proactive maintenance of IT systems using information gathered from daily checks, internal alerts, environment monitoring software, media and vendor notifications.
- Contribute to the department's knowledge base by writing and updating Wiki articles, maintaining accurate infrastructure documentation and contributing to BCP and DR procedures.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, key business users, colleagues and external suppliers.
- Share skills, mentor and provide an escalation point to colleagues within the IT Department.
- Participate in the IT Department change management process by composing and submitting comprehensive change requests for approval.
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies and applications that may be of benefit to the business.
This role offers a basic salary of up to £32,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and working environment.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, normally working Mon-Fri. This role forms part of the early / core/ late shift system of 7am to 15:30, 10:30 to 19:00 and 14:30 to 23:00.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- Strong networking skills with HP/Cisco technologies
- Strong VMware skills to include building, managing and configuring vServers, virtual networking and storage components
- Advanced Windows Server and Desktop OS configuration
- Experienced of O365 Administration and Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory including Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Good understanding of IT Security concepts
- File and Print Services, NTFS, DFS
- Experience of SAN/NAS Storage configuration
- PowerShell & other scripting languages
- Anti-Virus, Malware, IDS & IPS technologies
- Backup and Replication experience
- Patch Management
- PC/Server Hardware support
- Microsoft Exchange and Exchange Online
- Knowledge of WMS
- ERP/CRM systems
- Document Management Systems
- WLAN Configuration
- SQL Administration
- VoIP/SIP Technology
- Horizon VDI and/or iGel Management
- Firewall and VPN configuration
- Full Disk Encryption technologies
- Experience of MDM
- Cloud Technologies
- Experience of ITIL practices
Email your CV today to be considered for this great opportunity - if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume you have not been successful.