£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Salary - £25,000 to £30,000 dependant on experience (realistic OTE £35,000).
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal protective equipment (PPE) and corporate workwear as an Internal Sales Account Manager. The purpose of the Internal Sales Account Manager role is to help the business continue to grow revenues profitability, primarily (but not exclusively) in the UK marketplace. This is achieved by identifying, targeting and securing new business opportunities, and developing and growing a selected portfolio of existing client business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Account Manager or Business Development Manager to join a well established and rapidly growing organisation at this exciting time. The company are offering the Internal Sales Account Manager a generous starting salary which is negotiable dependant on experience, uncapped earning potential, pension and free parking amongst other great benefits. It is essential that the successful candidate will have worked within distribution.
Our clients innovative, reliable and customer-focused approach to supplying PPE has driven continual growth and exceptional customer loyalty. As a family owned business, dedication to prompt personal service from friendly knowledgeable staff has become a hallmark of our success. A proactive approach to meeting customer requirements, supported by same day despatch from our ever-increasing stockholding of quality products, enable us to achieve our goal of delivering excellence in PPE.
- Responsibility for the development of allocated accounts, both current and lapsed.
- Qualification of leads generated by the website, inbound telephone calls, and other enquiries including engaging with customers or prospects by telephone, face to face, and via the website live chat function.
- Communication of Anchor' unique Customer Value Proposition - Migrating existing Customers to the e-commerce platform
- Formulating appropriate strategies to secure and/or develop allocated accounts, and partner with field-based Strategic Account Directors on Key Account strategy
- Preparing customer presentations and attending both on-site and off-site customer meetings.
- Recording all Sales and Customer Care activity on Salesforce. Formulating annual and monthly sales targets per customer, reporting on and accepting accountability for forecasts.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of tenders and proposals.
- Performing other sales-related duties and activities as may reasonably be assigned by the Sales Director from time to time.
- Excellent communicator - cheerful, articulate and interested in people, both on the phone and in person.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on quality, professionalism, Customer focus and business growth.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Highly competent organiser, with strong co-ordination and project management skills
- High degree of emotional resilience, with an ability to work well under pressure, and to deadlines
- A 'can do' attitude with an efficient approach to problem solving - Mature, credible, comfortable dealing with Customer & Supplier contacts up to Director level.
- Well presented, organised and business-like.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- A flexible approach to working hours when working to deadlines
Specific Job Skills and Experience Required:
- Business to Business Sales / Account Management Experience
- Spoken and written English to a high standard.
- Educated to at least A-level standard - ideally with a degree in a business-related subject
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to build strong rapport and create long lasting relationships at all levels
- Able to multi-task and prioritise, and run multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator - Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft® Office technology
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook - and Salesforce or another common CRM platform.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations,
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to manipulate spreadsheets to a basic calculation level.
- Must be able to write communications and reports in concise, grammatically correct English.