Irlam, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £32000 per annum
9 months ago
Our client is an exciting start up Telecoms business founded by a leadership team with extensive experience in the UK telecoms and major infrastructure sectors. Their mission is to build a high-speed fibre network providing fibre for all. They trade with communication providers and enable them to offer a range of services to their subscribers. This includes a 1GigBit internet access service.
To liaise with Planning to ensure all Materials are being accurately forecasted to maintain seamless operations and meet regularly with all Strategic Suppliers to ensure adequate capacity is in place to support forecasts. Work closely with Buying team to ensure collated Business Plan capacity is covered for scaling purposes and work with the warehouse to ensure adequate space is available for scaled forecasts.
- Forecasting of all inbound materials related to the network build.
- Management of the timing/cadence of all deliveries in tandem with the warehouse to ensure seamless offloading/putaway.
- Ensuring all inbound products are safely packaged/palletised and standardised in line with warehouse specification.
- Management of standardised forecasting and valuations to feed data to Finance for cashflow purposes.
- Implementation of a robust Supplier performance management system including regular reports.
- Undertake any other duties which may be requested by the line manager.
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in the management and coordination of materials in an engineering business.
- Good understanding of production/build schedules/plans and forecasting material requirements from Bills of Material.
- Able to demonstrate good planning, organisational and logistics skills.
- Very structured and organised with attention to detail.
- Relevant experience from the Telecoms sector would be an advantage
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel)
- Experience with MRP systems
- Good mathematical skills
- Precise and diligent
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and make sound decisions accordingly
- Good communication skills and able to foster and maintain good working relationships with suppliers, internal departments and subcontractors.
Our client operates in a relaxed and industrious atmosphere; you will be encouraged to speak out and contribute wherever you feel you have something to offer. offices are open 07:00 through to 19:00 and we are happy to be flexible with working hours so you can enjoy a relatively stress-free commute or work from home to create the best possible work life balance that suits you.
They offer an attractive package including bonus, generous pension, private health care and flexible working along with other benefits.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.