Manchester, Greater Manchester
£52000 - £65000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
18 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Network Automation Engineer to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
As NetDevOps Engineer you will be expected to take ownership of the development and implementation of network management & automation solutions required by the business, while working to strict deadlines and being flexible to changing business requirements. The role also involves providing support for diagnostics and resolution of systems and server infrastructure incidents, development of NetDevOps culture within the Network Engineering team, and vendor engagement.
- Develop, document, deploy and maintain network automation solutions required to deliver business objectives.
- Own the deployment, documentation, and maintenance of diverse services provided by the Network team to support business requirements.
- Lead and manage the delivery of multiple projects at the same time to achieve agreed timescales.
- Contribute to the build and capacity management of the network systems/services, to facilitate optimal operation & recovery of the network under normal and failure conditions.
- Manage & resolve incidents impacting network systems/services within desirable timeframes to meet defined SLAs.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties such as vendors, suppliers, and strategic technical partners.
- Lead the development of automation solutions to improve process/operational efficiency in the networks team.
- Lead the development of NetDevOps culture within the Network Engineering team.
- Participate in the on-call rota to support optimal operation of the network.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a Network DevOps/Automation Engineer or similar across a development lifecycle - Plan, Code/Build, Test, Release, Operate/Monitor.
- Development of network automation solutions using Python, Ansible, Robot Framework and related libraries for executing bulk network changes, network health checks, test automation, etc.
- File version control using Git, and management of projects using a collaborative development environment e.g. GitLab.
- Network DevOps workflow experience and solution documentation.
- Experience deploying and managing NMS and telemetry servers such as LibreNMS, Network Weathermaps using Grafana, Time Server DBs, log collection and processing, etc.
- Experience using the following protocols, data models and templating tools: NETCONF, REST, YANG, YAML, Jinja2, XML, JSON, etc.
- Extensive Linux system/server administration experience.
- A good understanding of core network technologies i.e. TCP/IP stack, routing and switching protocols, network redundancy etc.
- Experience deploying and managing virtualisation solutions in a high-availability setup e.g., VMWare ESXi, Proxmox VE server, Backup server, Containers, etc.
- £52,000 - £65,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.