£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension
about 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing telecoms business. Our client is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to work as part of a team to provision, configure and maintain the companies national network equipment covering all aspects of the network deployment from Core , PE , BNG , OLT/ONT down to CPE.
This is a varied role which includes elements of operation, monitoring, design and build. The role will include Optical, IP/Routing and Access technologies and will also include OSS systems and security management.
- Bringing BAU customer connections into service.
- Provide 3rd line support for the in-house support team.
- Deploy network upgrades at key POP sites.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving our customers business challenges and needs.
- Technical implementation of design solutions where required.
- Need to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex network and system problems.
- Working in a team on a rota to provide on-call coverage for out of hours network faults.
- Providing a support service to the service desk during any major service outage.
- Provide support for network build and backhaul commissioning.
- Previous experience working for an ISP.
- Experience of BGP, ISIS, MPLS, VPLS, VRRP, VLAN, IPv4 and IPV6.
- Advanced knowledge of L2/L3 routing and switching protocols.
- Understanding diagnostic tools: Tcpdump, wireshark, NMAP, Netflow
- Network design workflow experience and HLD/LLD documentation skills.
- Experience of configuration, management and administration of network services: e.g. DHCP, DNS, IP address allocation planning, VPN, RADIUS/TACACS+, Syslog, NTP.
- Professional level network vendor qualifications such as CCNP/JNCIP
- Experience with GPON/XGS-PON and passive network architectures
- Experience in working with Dark Fibre in metro/urban deployments.
- Ubiquiti and Mikrotik experience
- Experience managing Virtual Server environments
- Knowledge of optical DWDM/CWDM equipment
- Basic Unix/Linux administration and scripting
- Familiarity with Firewalls and Content Filtering Management
- Up to £45,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
Email your CV today to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.