Up to £40000 per annum + additional benefits
over 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Planner to join a growing telecoms business. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years expedience as a Network Planner.
- The creation of Bespoke designs to enable properties that have been missed from the main build to be connected.
- Managing the end-to-end processes and systems either with external or internal parties to ensure that designs meet the required objectives.
- Managing the network planning and design policies to include decision trees on the use of Over Head, Under Ground, Public Infrastructure Access, Own Build etc. and supporting the creation of them.
- Ensuring that during the planning and design stage companies objectives are delivered on time in relation to the time, quality and costs of the designs created and the process to create.
- The creation and validation of the Design either directly or with partners.
- The creation of the designs using GIS systems to support the business decisions.
- The creation and validation of all required outputs to allow for effective network build.
- Leading the implementation of design best practice through the internal and external organisations.
- Working with the Manager - Bespoke Connections Team to optimise the process and systems in place and create a culture of continuous improvement within the Bespoke Connections Team.
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment and how a design is critical to a successful build.
- Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e. GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc.
- Creation of network designs using multiple technologies (P2P, GPON, XGSPON etc.) and using overhead and underground infrastructure.
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network.
- Ability to provide designs using CAD and/or GIS systems to a high standard.
- Awareness of BT PIA specifications (desirable)
- Understanding of Fibre Build methods (desirable)
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage teams, resources and stake holders effectively.
- Good Communication skills and is able to communicate at all levels.
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Up to £40,000
- Home working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.