£55000 - £60000 per annum + OTE £70K
6 months ago
Our client is a well-established, family run business who are a leading provider of a complete range of high end windows, doors, conservatories, orangerys and other home improvements. They have been operating for a number of years and continue to lead the market. We currently have an exciting and varied role for an Operations Director based at their Office on the Wirral.
As Operations Director, you will be aware of company and team goals, aims and SLA's and strive to achieve them at every opportunity. Working collaboratively in a team, being reliable, highly organised and 'owning' the tasks are essential attributes. We are looking for an experienced Operations Director who has experience in managing key areas of a business, this will include the sales function, procurement, accounts, systems, external installs, health & safety, and other general day-to-day operational tasks that arise from operating a business with 50+ staff.
- Working with the senior management team to set goals that promote the growth of the business.
- Preparing budgets, schedules and any other documents that are required by the business.
- Developing plans and procedures to improve productivity
- Contributing to corporate strategy and lead development in the areas below;
- Ensuring that the requirements of customers are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Promoting and ensuring health and safety in the business.
- Managing sales performance with responsibility for costings, margins & turnover
- Ensure high standards of communication are kept with clients throughout the project life-cycle
- Responsible for overseeing, monitoring, and implementing sales KPI'S
- Direct line report for sales / team managers
- Overall responsibility for sales quality practices, average time to quote and neglected client accounts
- Monitoring sales performance on a monthly basis and reporting sales figures back to directors
- Providing support and coordination relative to the reporting requirements of projects
- Managing procurement related KPI's including survey time targets & the pre survey process
- Assisting in the management of the evaluation of projects
- Overseeing the client sign off process along with managing the payment processes
- Overseeing and management of the Accounts team
- Implement new processes relating to bad debt
- Overseeing the external install operation nationwide
- Direct report for install managers
- Managing and continuously improving client satisfaction, client communication and quality of works
- Management of the materials order processes
- Continually look to improve in house CRM systems
- Develop and implement new systems that will improve business processes
- Responsible for the management of Health and safety procedures
- Work towards ISO accreditation
Skills and Experience
- Experience within construction, engineering or logistics industries would be ideal
- Significant experience in operational management, having managed external teams
- Experience in working in process driven environments
- Clear strategic thinker with proven critical relationship development skills
- An inspirational team leader that seeks team collaboration and cooperation, and achievement of financial, quality and service target levels
- Strong communicator able to convey complex information succinctly to wide range of audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships on cross functional basis and all levels within business
- Focus on the customer and provision of workable solutions to meet client's requirements consistently and beyond expectation every time
- High levels of personal integrity and professionalism, able to gain trust of all clients
Package & benefits
- Competitive base salary of £55k - £60k
- Company profit related bonus OTE + £10K
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company car or car allowance can be discussed
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . Drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.