£17472 - £18720 per annum + PRO RATA
7 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Executive Assistant to join this award-winning estate and wedding venue based in Whitchurch.
The role will be part-time and ideally worked 3 days over 5 (Monday-Friday's), from 9am-5.30pm, 8 hours a day (24 hours a week).
The role is paying between £14-£15 per hour dependant on experience.
To ensure the efficient running of the Estate office and manage all day-to-day business of the Estate owner.
- To deal with daily administration of Estate office - post, phone, emails, file management, database and rolodex update, general correspondence, messages.
- To take dictation from Estate owner as required.
- Preparation and circulation of weekly staff schedule and emails.
- To support meetings, producing minutes where required.
- Filing of materials - estate matters
- Maintenance of petty cash float.
- Personnel administration including advertising, letters of appointment, job descriptions, maintenance of personnel files and records, maintenance of staff holiday schedule and circulation of booking forms and other ad hoc matters.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, to assist with recruitment and interviewing process as necessary.
- Estate and car insurances kept up to date with liaison with Comptroller. Preparation, submission and follow-up of all claims. Car servicing and taxing arrangements.
- Liaison with Comptroller re letting and maintenance of estate properties - advertising, viewing and application forms, and liaison with agencies, solicitors and tenants re letting and occupation, liaison with Operations Manager and maintenance regard repairs and upkeep.
- Fundraising events organised and administered - taking all bookings and ticketing. Liaising with service providers and performers, publicity, press and sponsorship. Maintenance of financial records. Marketing, liaison with tourist information centres. Preparation of all material - posters, fliers etc. Arrangements with printers.
- Administration of events held at the Abbey on a commercial basis, including liaison with House Manager and others where necessary.
- Maintenance of financial records for various projects - eg SCB personal matters. Preparation of tax return material for accountant.
- Dealing with personal matters for Estate owner - legal, financial, travel meetings and diary.
- Dealing with official bodies for licences, grant payments etc - eg DEFRA for control of Canada Geese RPA for grant payments in conjunction with the Estate Owner and the Farm Consultant.
- Dealing with outside organisations that the Estate Owner is involved with for business, i.e., CLA, Tourism bodies, HH, Heritage England etc.
- Liaison with contract farmers as necessary to deal with any matters in conjunction with the Estate Owner and Farm Consultant.
- Liaison with estate syndicates - fishing, water skiing, shooting - re payments and general administration. Preparation of invoices.
- Order stationery and stamps for the estate.
- To make sure that smooth communications and an up-to-date information flow exist between all departments.
- Deal with enquiries for location Shoots and filming, undertaking recce visits, contract negotiation and management of the event with the House Manager.
- Proven experience of a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Problem solving attitude
- Outgoing and personable
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft 365 suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fabulous team based within a stunning, historic setting.
Email your CV today - if you do not hear from us with 10 working days, please assume you have not been successful.