£40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance, pension
7 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join a rapidly growing telecoms business based in the North West. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years expedience as a Project Manager in fibre networks.
You will be working as part of a team to deliver fibre networks across the UK including complex connections through the planning, executing and evaluating projects in line with pre-determined timelines and budgets.
- Management of technical, business and resourcing projects.
- Management of assigned resources as appropriate to the implementation of project related activities.
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation such as initiation, delivery plans and budgets.
- Develop and maintain project plans and reporting documentation as necessary to ensure timely communication and successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Risk and issue identification and management.
- Deployment planning, management and transition to live operation.
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards.
- Ensure adequate levels of documentation are produced as part of the technical solution.
- Develop and maintain a communications plan and keep the business communities appraised of project plans and related implications.
- Applying a strong commercial overview of project costs and revenues.
- Ensure the 'as-built' documentation is properly completed.
- Complete a 'Project Close Down Report' to include the learning.
- Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Able to develop effective relationships with clients and delivery partners.
- Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks.
- Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- Effective communication skills suitable for the management of both on a one to one and one to many basis. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Effective in contributing effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information.
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way.
- Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client request.
- 5 years of Telecoms experience - including a working knowledge of optical fibre cable installation and splicing.
- Summarise the project progress to external clients and internal and complete project close down reporting.
- Streetworks and associated notice system with a working knowledge of the New Road Street Works Act
- Knowledge of Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA)
- Use of Microsoft project professional
- Knowledge of Prince 2 project management methodology
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001
- Up to £45,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- Car allowance
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.