Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + healthcare, pension, additional benefits
about 2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join an exciting business within the fibre industry. The Area Project Manager will develop a deep understanding of a portfolio of projects that are associated with building a nationwide fibre network. You will provide commercial, contractual and project management to support value for money, timely delivery, and the implementation of quality and reliable infrastructure. The role will lead the co-ordination between the various corporate, project, engineering, assurance, and operational disciplines/departments.
- Develop a deep understanding of and manage a portfolio of projects to deliver project outcomes which include timely delivery and value for money.
- Work with the Planning function to ensure robust programmes are developed and maintained.
- To work closely with the internal teams and design/build partners to ensure that plans are updated and maintained on a regular basis to reflect progress within the reporting cycle.
- Lead design and build partner meetings and maintain strong contractor/supplier relationships.
- Ensure robust change management.
- Support the valuation of work executed by contractors and certify payments.
- Support budgetary control, monitoring, and forecasting.
- Provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data and the status of progress.
- Ensure CDM duties (including but not limited to Client; Principal Designer; Principal Contractor) of the organisation are fulfilled in areas under Area Project Manager responsibility.
- Assess, review, and mitigate project and business delivery risks and prepare a risks and opportunity register.
- Facilitate lessons learnt exercises at the various stages of the lifecycle.
- Ensure that projects are compliant with any applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications as required.
- At least 5 years' experience in an infrastructure sector e.g., construction, telecoms, nuclear.
- Strong experience of commercial, contract and project management.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms and/or other similar forms of contract (desirable).
- Experience and sound understanding of:
- Design, engineering assurance and construction
- H&S legislation and guidance including but not limited to CDM
- Engineering / infrastructure / street works legislation and standards
- Environmental considerations and constraints
- Asset management
- Cost and commercial management
- Risk management
- Information management.
- Demonstrable experience successfully managing significant projects / programmes.
- Track record of managing projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and meeting funding and operational targets.
- Experience of dealing with projects that impact on the general public and other stakeholders.
- Experience of compiling clear and concise technical and non-technical reports.
- Strong evidence of people management skills.
- Skilled in using industry standard project management tools and technology.
- Up to £60,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.