Birmingham, West Midlands
£25500 - £27500 per annum
11 months ago
Our client is a growing international brand, They are leading the world at providing E Bikes as well as after market servicing, they are a fast growing dynamic tech start up with a growing international presence in the US, Australia and the UK. The growth plan is huge and they are doubling in size every 6 months !
As a Senior Mechanic, you will report directly to the UK Area manager and will be expected to guide the smooth operations of repair of e-bikes and the management of the mechanic's team. Inspiring an engaging environment that fortifies the team's performance across the customer journey and commercial objectives. You will also be responsible for coaching your team, and motivate each individual to their fullest potential, fostering an environment that is supportive, challenging, and productive. The mechanic's team is exceptionally important; you're the backbone of the operation
Your main responsibilities include, but are limited to:
- Build an inclusive, fun, and safe work environment - above all else, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of your team and riders
- Define hiring needs, executing on those needs, and training new team members
- Solve problems - all kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them fast
- Wear many different hats - the role will have ownership over areas including leading a diverse team of mechanics, overseeing our operations in the workshop, workplace safety, parts inventory, and project management
- Repair bicycles to the highest standards and assessing damage; guiding the riders through the next steps to get them back out on the road
- Assemble new bikes and perform quality control checks to ensure the safety of all bicycles
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our company
- Create feedback loops with various stakeholders and the operations team; continuously iterating on how we can improve our product and service
- Demonstrated working experience with bikes e.g., e-bikes, motorbikes, e-mopeds
- You're an outstanding communicator, with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- You're a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- You're able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don't know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- You're self motivated and able to operate independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to manage his or her own time and prioritise what's important
- A competitive salary on offer
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do.
- Monthly team outings / events
- Complimentary e-bike* subject to availability
- Global fun with a team spread from Australia, United States, Philippines, France MORE!
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong leadership team and global presence.
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional goals.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . Drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.