£45000 - £55000 per annum + additional benefits
FTTXPL - 3421_1625234023
5 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Fibre Planner to join a growing fibre company. You will be responsible for creating high level and detailed FTTX network designs for UK and international customers.
Fibre network planning covering FTTX and P2P:
- Create detailed planning pack for build - construction, cabling, splice and test including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc.
- Identify requirements for wayleave approval
- Liaise with any clients, contractors and other third parties as part of overall planning role.
- Manage amendments to planned information and update as required.
- Cope with different design rules, processes and regulations as required by different customers in national and international jurisdictions.
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time.
- Identify and escalate major design variances to client's project team.
PON & Core Network Planning including:
- Route Map production using shortest route, most premises and other algorithms.
- Addition of new civils and cabling.
- Civils and cabling packs as required for new and re-configured FTTX networks.
- Amending existing network based on confirmed survey data.
- Trunk cable overlays/upgrades.
- Strategic allocation of fibres.
- Production of network and splicing schematics.
Fibre Test Result Analysis:
- Interpret OTDR data and assessment against fibre network documentation.
- 5 years telecoms background coupled with a planning background is required for this position preferably working for one of the major UK telcos.
- Proven track record of planning and delivering successful projects.
- Core and Access Fibre Network Planning experience.
- Civils Planning experience.
- Planning knowledge out to the customer premises across legacy and current Cable/Telco access network topologies.
- Knowledge and experience of working with GIS systems preferred.
- Understanding of current health and safety procedures as applied to FTTX build.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate.
- £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Life Assurance
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please email a copy of your up to date CV. If you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.