£50000 - £55000 per annum + pension
8 days ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing telecoms business. Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer to create and lead a network engineering team to provide support for network build, operations and customer connections.
This role will suit candidates who wish to pursue a career in the telecommunications industry with a leading company driving fibre delivered products and services to partners, businesses, and residential customers across the UK.
- Managing BAU customer provisioning
- Management of network incidents, change and continuous improvement.
- Leading a team on a rota to provide on-call coverage for out of hours network faults.
- Operating and Assuring active networks, diagnosing and resolving complex network and system problems.
- Technical delivery and implementation of design solutions where required.
- Evaluation of new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving our customers business challenges and needs.
- Planning and deploying network upgrades at key POP sites.
- Leading 3rd line support for the in-house support team.
- Previous experience working for an ISP across a service lifecycle - Operations, Engineering, Design.
- Leading a team of 5+ technical engineers
- Previous experience working for an ISP.
- Experience of BGP, ISIS, MPLS, VPLS, VRRP, VLAN, IPv4 and IPV6.
- Advanced knowledge of L2/L3 routing and switching protocols.
- Network design workflow experience and HLD/LLD documentation skills
- Experience of configuration, management and administration of network services: e.g. DHCP, DNS, IP address allocation planning, VPN, RADIUS/TACACS+, Syslog, NTP.
- Vendor engagement and management
- Effective written and verbal communication
- ITIL certification or experience working within an ITIL framework
- Professional level network vendor qualifications such as CCNP/JNCIP
- Experience with GPON/XGS-PON and passive network architectures
- Experience in working with Dark Fibre in metro/urban deployments.
- Ubiquiti and Mikrotik experience
- Experience managing Virtual Server environments
- Knowledge of optical DWDM/CWDM equipment
- Basic Unix/Linux administration and scripting
- Familiarity with Firewalls and Content Filtering Management
- Up to £55,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
Email your CV today to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.