Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £60000 per annum + bonus, car allowance, additional benefits
about 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Network Planner to join an exciting new telecoms business with an established customer base. As Senior Planner you will take ownership of all aspects of the fibre network design, being able to work to strict deadlines while being flexible to meet requirements when needed. The systems are unique so whilst past experience is needed, you will also need to be a quick learner with an enthusiasm for telecoms.
- The capture of initial areas of interest and costing estimates for the Executive team to review.
- Preparing the complete technical design, costings and pack for the build to enable a route walk to establish the most effective route and cabinet locations. Highlighting initial areas of possible wayleaves and access requirements.
- Designing and overseeing the design to the agreed Fibre architectures. (FTTP)
- Responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice.
- Helping to develop, implement and champion network topologies.
- Applying data quality within our asset and customer management systems.
- Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness.
- Highlighting and escalate major design variances to the planning while having a flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned the information.
- Delivering short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components.
- Working with Vendor relationships in regard to securing a repeatable supply chain.
- Ensuring and overseeing the design acceptance.
- Ensuring as-builts are received, checked and stored.
- +5 year's experience working in a Senior Network Planning role.
- Experience in the management of internal teams and external suppliers
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning and a knowledge of the Openreach PIA platform would be desirable.
- Good understanding of build disciplines.
- Full clean (UK) driving license and be able to travel throughout the UK if required.
- £45,000 - £60,000 DOE
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.