£40000 - £50000 per annum + pension, additional benefits
6 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer to join a growing fibre business.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of in-house Linux kernel and device trees for processors embedded into the business products. Maintenance of IDEs and toolchains supporting firmware development for these targets. Other activities such as PIC development, shadowing FPGA development, cloud computing and GIS depending on ability and interest.
- Keep up-to-date with the state of the art in embedded Linux and target processors
- Understand the architecture of products and use your engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Improve developer tooling and processes.
- Improve the performance of applications.
- Help to resolve live technical issues.
- Proven experience of writing robust and efficient C code
- Linux Kernel including buildroot, driver development and the device tree
- U-Boot, Board bring-up
- SOC ARM Embedded processors
- Ideally working in the past with the Microchip SAMA5D3 system-on-chip including secure boot.
- Experience with analysing requirements, investigating business needs, with strong technical writing skills in designing a responsive solution.
- Up to £50,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.