Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £36500 per annum + pension, hybrid, van, additional benefits
about 2 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Special Operations Engineers to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry. Reporting into the Special Operations Manager you will own and manage a specific part of an essential build cycle, in doing so you will be responsible supporting the business ensuring it succeeds in its corporate objectives in providing fast and reliable fibre to everyone.
You will be responsible for day-to-day activities in the Special Operations function within the company owning the completion of specific build tasks including but not inclusive of:
- De-Slitting Ducting, Chambers, Poles, Overhead, Underground installation, maintenance and replacement works on the BTOR PIA network.
- Complete all Civils work, pull and blow all cables required to the network design pack cables in both outdoor and indoor settings.
- Read, create, and maintain cabling schematics and diagrams, maintain control of outside plant activities surrounding the assigned work site(s).
- Taking, and maintaining accurate cabling and field notes, A55 documents support project timelines, and inspecting, designing and providing accurate staking sheets for projects.
To do this, you will lead by example and no day is likely to be the same, your experience in MDU or other telecoms related fields will be crucial and helps us to change the way we think about things and challenge convention.
- Carry out all Civils work, including De-slitting, Chamber/Duct/Pole installation, A55 Blockage clearance and overlay
- Carry out 1st and 2nd line fault investigations.
- Undertake Maintenance, testing, installation as required.
- Undertake on-site repairs, equipment swap outs, exchanges, and installations.
- Undertake equipment reprogramming and install latest equipment.
- Guiding on safety matters.
- Compliance with appropriate safety standards.
- Keeping up to date, reading, learning, and putting instructions affecting the safety of systems into practice.
- Accurate maintenance of system records to ensure safety and reliability.
- Inspections of equipment and systems for safety defects.
- Performing and recording results of safety tests on critical equipment.
- Testing and certifying the safety of new systems, installations, and modifications.
- Prepare and maintain cabling records, schematics, and diagrams.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. read and follow design engineer's instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field with clarity and detail and make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies.
- Support in the installation of Active Cabinets.
- Carry out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Ensure site set up and end of day closure adheres to the chapter 8 guidelines, adhering to all safety standards and record with photographs.
- Completion of part-built clusters and working on live equipment.
- Survey/install MDU installs if required.
- Enter and maintain outside plant records.
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes to support project contracts.
- Experienced working on the Openreach FTTP Network Civils work, including De-slitting, Chamber/Duct/Pole installation, A55 Blockage clearance and overlay.
- Experienced working on the Openreach FTTP Network, splicing and testing.
- Be prepared to undergo a DBS check (formally CRB).
- Full UK driving license held for a minimum of 12 months.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience of telecoms, working overhead and underground or external network installation.
- NRWSA accreditation Units 1-9
- SA002- Underground / A009
- K8 or S7
- Confined spaces (medium risk
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Up to £36,500 DOE
- Company Van
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.