£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits
almost 2 years ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an SQL DBA/ Development DBA for this leading, growing and fast moving company based in Deeside.
You will be responsible for handling and optimising the SQL code, working alongside colleagues to deliver business intelligence, maintaining and creating data integrations between our systems and servicing customer data requests and integrations. You will be in a unique position to help define the roadmap for change within a company that is investing heavily in new technology.
- The role will fulfil a mixture of supporting day to day activity, maintaining SQL database assets, improving business intelligence and implementing projects. You will work with the Technology team to ensure high availability of business-critical systems improving our resilience, RTO and RPO over time.
- Suggest processes and technologies to improve control, implementation and delivery of business intelligence across the company.
- Documenting, maintaining, rationalising and continually improving database servers, queries, views and stored procedures to optimise business performance.
- Working with colleagues to improve our reporting capabilities, toolsets and implementation of business intelligence projects. This will combine a pragmatic work making business as usual work effectively and implementation of projects to improve our business intelligence capability.
- Providing technical and business advice to colleagues on our data assets and methods of utilising them effectively.
- Maintain, design and own ETL processes across all systems
- Aid in the implementation of new technology to support business growth
This role offers a basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum with an excellent benefits package. You will work Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week from 8.00am-6.00pm.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- SQL certifications and DBA experience.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL, with other programming languages beneficial
- SAGE or ERP experience is required, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience of working in a fast-based business environment.
- Business intelligence and project experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and is a self-starter.
- Experience of common reporting tools, preferably SSRS, Power BI, Qlikview
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Backups and restore
- Jobs and maintenance Plans
- Server performance
- Manage indexes
- High availability, clustering and disaster recovery
- Replication / data warehousing
- Applying upgrades, patches and hotfixes
- T-SQL development
- Query tuning and monitoring query performance
- Index tuning
- SQL profiler
- Excel Data Connections
- JSON (pull into, and export from, SQL)
Email your CV today to be considered for this great opportunity - if you do not hear from us with 5 working days, please assume you have not been successful.