Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is a leading global supplier, they offer a vast range of teaching and learning resources from world-leading suppliers. From classroom staples, including stationery, furniture, art & crafts and books, to specialist ranges. This world-class consolidation service allows international schools to choose their complete list of requirements from a single source.
Want to be Part of Something Great? Our client believes being Part of something great means that they will provide you with an environment to thrive, develop and build a future we can all be proud of. Our client is on a transformational journey where you will be surrounded by people excited by change and ready to listen to your expertise and your ideas.
Supply Chain Coordinator - The Role:
The Supply Chain Function is central to assisting the Company achieve its annual sales turnover, profit targets, long-term strategic focus, goals and strategies through effective implementation of Inbound and outbound Supply Chain and logistics.
As a key member of the team, Supply Chain Coordinator will support the function by carrying out the responsibilities specified below. This include ensuring that customers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service throughout the flow of order processing.
- Working with the Op's Director, Export Manager & Warehouse Manager to monitor incoming and outgoing delivery schedules and effectively communicate with relevant departments to improve speed and compliance of deliveries and warehouse traffic
- Manage key logistics partners for Import & Exports
- Addressing problems with order flow or shipping delays and quality-control issues.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers (oversea & UK based suppliers, shipping, logistics and freight companies, etc.)
- Weekly and end of the month Stock Reconciliation, by recording and investigating inventory variances and root cause analysis.
- Provide and maintain good customer service and solve issues if they arise.
- Professional, efficient, and courteous liaison with customers/suppliers/colleagues on all aspects of delivery.
- Control general warehouse processes/procedures and report any issue that negatively impact the supply chain.
- Work closely with internal Teams to monitor and maintain customer accounts, processing and checking documentations, dealing with enquiring and complaints.
- Support the implementation of best standards in supply chain and customer service activities
- Releasing and invoicing orders, including following up with warehouse and other stakeholders
- Good knowledge in international sea & road freight shipping, custom declarations
- Strong organisational skills, with proven strengths in administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in logistics within a FMCG environment would be an advantage
- Ability to perform well without close supervision, on own initiative and as a team player
- Highly organised, self-motivated, hardworking, high attention to details and excellent in time management
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Rational and analytic thinking capabilities
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
Please note this role will offer Hybrid working but you must be able to commute to the Manchester head office
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.