£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client is a long-established UK founded company with global reach and a proven track record in providing some of the most innovative test solutions the telecoms industry has ever seen. Working closely with some of the world's leading telcos' our client has expanded to serve a global market with offices in France, a joint venture in China and trading partners representing the brand on nearly every continent.
To be responsible for support existing and prospective customers or installers to the business. To fully understand their requirements and work closely with the Managing Director to prepare presentations and demonstrate company products and service offering to customers/installers. To work with the software development teams to provide an appropriate solution and implement these solutions with the customer.
- To work with new and existing customers or installers to understand their requirements;
- To develop solutions for customers/installers, and present/demo these to the customers;
- To implement solutions for customers, taking responsibility for delivering the complete Solution , including documenting, testing and delivering these to the customer;
- To work with the Managing Director and senior management team with new product development planning and management, as appropriate;
- To interpret feedback from customers on existing products and services and feedback to Managing Director and the team;
- To carry out any duties as required by the company to ensure a quality product and service is delivered to customers on time including travel to customer sites or other locations worldwide. Flexibility to travel to other customer or track locations as required;
- To ensure that solutions are delivered in line with customer requirements, specifications, and company standards.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- A background in fibre network telecommunications, ideally experience of working in a NOC (Network Operations Centre) or in network planning and design or in fibre network fault analysis.
- Proven experience of FTTH technology and its implementation with customers.
- Proven experience of working with telecommunications software and an understanding of telecommunications architecture and hardware.
- Experience of writing tenders and presenting/demonstrating technical solutions to customers.
- Must have a driving licence and passport.
- The role is office based but longer term will require travel in UK and potentially worldwide.
Personal Skills & Behaviours
- The ability to build excellent relations with customers and persuade and influence as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with strong customer focus are needed to write sales tenders, communicate with customers and manage progress against tenders.
- The ability to meet demanding customer deadlines is essential to success of this role including the willingness to work extra hours to meet last minute changes as required.
- Capable of managing me and multiple priorities without constant supervision.
- The ability to work closely and collaboratively with all teams across the business and liaise with and be responsive to customer needs.
- Strives to develop own technical skills in line with advances in technology, best practice and industry standards;
- The ability to take constructive feedback from peers and wider team in a positive manner and adapt accordingly.
- Motivated to work unsupervised and remotely.
- Able and willing to work flexibly; undertake international travel to accommodate working with prospects/customers in different time zones.
Communication & Working Relationships
The Technical Sales Support Engineer is responsible for developing effective external communications and relations with customers. In addition, the ability to communicate across the business at all levels to ensure project delivery in a cost effective and timely manner.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury@nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.