£25000 - £27000 per annum + flexible working
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for a very exciting opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer.
Reporting to the technical director you will be responsible for logging and progressing customer support tickets. You will be required to troubleshoot and resolve calls, working with team members to improve knowledge and skills.
As you will be dealing with end users, third parties and colleagues within the business, excellent written and verbal communication is essential to succeed in this role.
You should have a keen interest in IT and be self-driven, keeping abreast of the latest products and tech in the IT industry.
- 2nd line IT support, predominantly remote but some onsite work may be required
- Ensure tickets are accurately updated with details of phone calls, ongoing investigation notes and technical detail
- Ensure major incidents are escalated to the correct internal and external support teams where required within a timely manner.
- Take ownership of your open tickets and manage through to resolution
- Contribute to the company's IT support service by providing outstanding customer service and going above and beyond for your customers
- Being a key player in the technical team and mentoring the more junior staff as and when required
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors & support
- Day to day administration of customers 3CX phone systems, training provided.
The Tech Spec
- Windows Server: 2008 - 2019
- Windows 10/11
- Microsoft Cloud Services (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Azure, Exchange)
- Virtualisation: VMware, Hyper V
- Backups: Veeam, Azure, N-Able, Acronis
- Antivirus Management: Bitdefender & SentinelOne
- Firewalls: Sophos, Draytek & SonicWALL (training provided)
- Networking Skills
- Hardware & Software Support
- 3CX administration and support (training provided)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- 2+ years service desk experience, preferably in an MSP environment.
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Active Directory and the Microsoft 365 stack
- Excellent Googling skills and the ability to search out a resolution
- Strong drive to learn and develop skills taking up Microsoft certification opportunities provided by the company
- Good understanding of networking/ipv4
- IMPORTANT: Self driven to progress, learn and bring new knowledge and ideas to the table
- Predominantly office based with flexibility to work from home when needed
- Work from home Fridays
- 20 days holiday (up to 25 days linked to length of service)
- Birthday off
- Relaxed work environment