£24000 - £26000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are supporting our client with the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant. Working in a team environment, you will provide general accounts support to the company.
You will be responsible for making purchase and sales ledger, BACS or cheque payments, generating coding and checking invoices, working out VAT payments, CIS, payroll, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the ledger
- Support with payroll and CIS
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Process business expense returns
- Cashbook and petty cash cheques
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
- Accounts/Bookkeeping experience
- Payroll and CIS experience (ideal but not essential)
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- An aptitude for IT - knowledge of software packages like Excel, Sage and BACS
Email your CV today to be considered for this great role - if you do not hear from us by 15th January, please assume you have not been successful.