£50000 - £57000 per annum + car scheme, pension, bonus
5 months ago
NMS Recruit are actively seeking experienced Applications Engineers to join a fantastic company in the marine and power generation sector. You will need good knowledge within rotating equipment with a strong technical background.
The position is of a technical engineering nature associated with the design and selection of centrifugal compressors (in line barrel and integrally geared) and screw compressors for the upstream, midstream, downstream and new solutions sectors.
- Work with, and provide technical support to Industries New Equipment Teams, based in all the European sales offices, for customer projects.
- The incumbent shall closely work with the Engineering Departments in the Industries Business Unit located in Switzerland and Germany.
- Capable of guiding customers with selections & thermodynamic layouts, and concepts during project definition stage.
- Develop optimum compression solutions meeting customers requirements.
- Provide first point technical advice and consultation to potential customers about Turbomachinery products.
- The role will have a significant focus on new technologies targeting decarbonisation projects.
- Interpret Client requirements for the operating range of centrifugal & screw compressors across numerous industry applications.
- Generate thermodynamic layout of centrifugal & screw compressors using in-house selection tools.
- Check feasibility of the thermodynamic layouts by discussion with the Engineering departments.
- Completing API 617 data sheets and produce performance curves.
- Understand application and operation of Dry Gas Seals and Mechanical Contact Seals.
- Understand the engineering principles for the mechanical design of compressor trains and skid layout.
- Familiarity of API specifications as applicable to centrifugal compressor packages.
- Develop technical & commercial budget proposals in co-ordination with the UK New Equipment Sales Team and other teams within Europe.
- Assist New Equipment Sales Teams in the resolution of technical issues and their commercial impacts.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Applications Engineer.
- £50,000 - £57,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an option to purchase 5 additional days
- Company Car Scheme
- Sliding scale pension
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please email and up to date CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.