Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pension, hybrid, additional benefits
9 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Build Assurance Manager to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry. You will manage a team of Assurance Engineers ,oversee and support pre-build, in-flight and build activities to ensure that the designs reflect the 'As Built' status when the build is complete. You will champion network quality and compliance to ensure that our partners are carrying out operations to specification and adhering to the programme. This role will report into the Head of Build & Assurance and will support with the daily management of the Build function. The role has great potential for growth as we expect you to take charge of organising people, information, and resources to enable the Build team to work effectively, suggesting and leading change where required.
- Manage and lead a team of Assurance Engineers ensuring that there is a highly motivated team that live the company values.
- Ensure that work is appropriately planned and scheduled.
- Check completed plans and identify any risks on the project programme.
- Oversee the fibre network build activities including completing audits, liaising with the public, working with internal stakeholders, and checking as-builts documents are completed.
- Advise and support the planning/design and surveying teams where additional surveys are required before the build commences.
- Working closely with the Head of Build & Assurance and the project managers/engineers to ensure KPIs are adhered to. Where there is the potential for slippage, advise the project/planning teams at the earliest opportunity. Also, where any changes/variations have been identified, advise the project management team of the impact on the programme and cost.
- Manage the contractor relationship to ensure build specification and quality measures are adhered to.
- Organise and manage pre-build walks with partners to ensure risks and issues are foreseen and is resolved in collaboration with the Build partner.
- Championing and ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to across all build tasks and activities.
- Liaising with residents and Council Inspectors when required to support the Build team with the smooth build of an area.
- Experience of working in the telecoms, construction, infrastructure, or other related industries.
- Experience and understanding of fibre optic networks and a good knowledge of construction techniques.
- Managing teams of people and delivering programmes of work to time and cost.
- Working knowledge of PIA, CDM and NRSWA.
- Good computer literacy skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel) and quick to learn new applications.
- Experience with MRP systems (Simpro) is preferred.
- Experience in a similar role 2 years+
- £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.