£35000 - £50000 per annum + Company Vechicle
3 months ago
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within a growing haulage group for a Business Development Manager. The primary focus of this field-based role will be to develop new business opportunities within the market, with the objective being to improve and grow the organization's market position and financial growth.
Our clients core business is the movement of full loads shipping across the Irish sea, our client has a large modern fleet with depots in Ireland and the North West, they operate a 24/7 operation.
- Research new sales leads within your designated territory ensuring an ongoing and robust pipeline of new opportunities.
- Liaise with Directors to formulate a sales strategy to fit with the seasonal requirements of the business
- Identify potential new customers and the key decision makers within the organizations.
- Develop quotations and proposals to be presented to potential new customers.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the other Group services to enable effective cross selling of their services and solutions.
- Planning and overseeing the integration of new business into our network in conjunction with our Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Attending exhibitions, trade shows and relevant Industry networking events when required.
- Track and record activity of new accounts, submit weekly sales reports and present at Group sales meetings.
- Reviewing and increasing customer rates on an annual basis or as required.
- At least 3 years previous experience in a Business Development Management role
- Ability to work on own initiative and build good working relationships
- Professional and methodical approach to work.
- Excellent presentation, communication, IT and administrative Skills.
- Effective planning and attention to detail is a must for this role.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Transport and Logistics Industry
- Knowledge of GB to Ireland transport market
- Competitive salary - negotiable depending on experience
- A fully funded health care plan
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone
- Lap Top
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Long service recognition
- Employee recognition
- Paid holidays
- Role specific training
- Continuous personal development
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below