£275 - £400 per day
5 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing telecoms business. My client is seeking an experienced Commercial Contract Manager to join their growing team.
Key Purpose of the Role
The Commercial Contract Manager will own the contract management of all channel partners, enterprise and public sector clients throughout all stages of the contract lifecycle management.
The role holder will be at the heart of existing and new contractual relationships. The role will require working collaboratively with all areas of the business including Sales, Product, Major Bid, Legal, Finance and Operations; provide commercial thought leadership and decision making; and to collaborate directly with our customers, suppliers and some external parties (e.g. lawyers).
The role would suit a candidate with experience and ability:
- to understand a variety of complex commercial and contractual models;
- to use available data and appropriate assumptions in order to make informed decisions;
- to negotiate pragmatically at all levels in an organisation; and identify and create value from challenging commercial issues.
- with implementing and operating Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) systems
- On-boarding new partners and customers by assisting our sales teams to recruit new accounts with an ability to sell On-net services
- Ensuring that company contract correctly with partners and customers,
- Understand and mitigate any commercial risks
- Provide clarity for all parties on their respective contractual obligations including those for operational teams and downstream suppliers
- Optimising the commercial performance of the contracts, including change management, managing commercial disputes, and driving margin and revenue improvement activities.
- Extension or Renewal (securing timely renewal of the contract whilst minimising erosion of revenue and margin)
- Playing a key role in the evaluation and selection of a new Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system
- Develop the CLM capability to improve the management of contracts in-life
Person Specification Overview
You will have a demonstrable track record of:
- Experience in Commercial and Contract Management within the Telecommunications (or closely aligned) sector.
- Leading commercial contract negotiations, finding solutions to complex situations.
- Able to evaluate commercial risk and provide appropriate mitigation through commercial terms, contract conditions or delivery methodology; plus be capable of coordinating the delivery of mitigation plans in-life.
- Resolving commercial disputes and negotiating fair outcomes
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment internally with colleagues and externally with new partners/customers.
- Experience of working with Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) systems - ideally evaluation, implementation and in-life management
- Able to collaborate with and provide commercial thought leadership to a wide range of stakeholders from different business areas.
- Ability to review/analyse large data sets and distil this into clear and concise information
- Self-motivated and driven to meet objectives and targets
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence in a
- range of situations
- Flexible in approach to change and challenge
- Adopting a flexible approach with the ability to travel occasionally throughout the UK
- Daily rate of £275-£400 per day
- 3 days per week until 31/12/22
- During this period the company will discuss the 2023 requirements for this role
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . Drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.