£60000 - £70000 per annum + pension, hybrid working, bonus
5 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a experienced Commercial Manager to join a thriving telecoms business. You will be responsible for delivering customer excellence. Excellence for customers starts with securing and managing an excellent supply chain. Working as part of the Field Operations team, you will take responsibility for the commercial elements of working with supply chain ensuring that the interactions are legally compliant, transparent, fair, timely and in accordance with clearly defined contracts and payment processes.
- Agreement and placing of contracts and purchase orders with construction / maintenance supply chain partners.
- Forecasting monthly cash requirements.
- Assessment and reporting of monthly 'Work In Progress' value.
- Management of the commercial transaction process during the delivery of contracted works (working with field operational and financial colleagues).
- Preparation of Early Warnings and Compensation Events for client contracts.
- Assessment of Compensation Events for subcontracts.
- Management of 3rd party claims.
- Supporting and advising on commercial disputes.
- Preparation of commercial management reports.
- Assessment and management of the commercial risk for existing and new initiatives.
- Management of supplier / contractor reviews (alongside Procurement Lead).
- Preservation and improvement of company commercial procedures and policies.
- Adherence to finance and commercial regulatory guidelines.
- Aiding the preparation of upstream business tenders submissions to potential new clients.
- Representing the company at industry events..
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Project Management or other Engineering Discipline. (alternative professional training / experience could be considered).
- NEC 3 / 4 project management training (desirable).
- Five year post degree experience in a utilities civil engineering QS / Commercial Manager role.
- Experience of working in the telecoms industry (not essential).
- Commercial management of NEC construction contract or other forms of construction contracts.
- Procurement of goods and services (not essential).
- Construction cost estimating (use of rate cards / schedules, design take-off's, risk provision).
- Management of Compensation events / departure from estimate claims.
- Understanding of Financial management process (cost forecasting, P&L preparation, balance sheet management, cash flow management, WIP assessment, debt management)]Understanding of construction programme / project management techniques.
- Understanding of the implications of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Familiarity with fibre broadband wholesale and retail companies (not essential).
- Up to £70,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Life Cover
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.