Irlam, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum + 20% Bonus
about 1 year ago
To provide the commercial, contractual and project management of a portfolio of projects that are associated with building a nationwide Fibre Network in the Telcom's sector. The role will include the preparation and administration of contracts and the successful management and delivery of projects to time and to cost.
- Manage both internal and external projects so that a true comparison can be obtained between both types of projects;
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to prepare and negotiate contracts with suppliers that protect the interests of the business whilst recognising that the contract outcomes need to be mutually beneficial to all parties;
- Administer contracts and ensure that the contract outcomes are achieved both in terms of timely delivery and value for money;
- To undertake the valuation of the work executed by contractors, certifying interim and final payments whilst ensuring that any payments are correct and timely and, in accordance with the contract;
- Support the timely submission, authorisation and valuation of project variations/claims;
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks;
- Maintain appropriate budgetary controls and monitoring;
- Provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at both project and summary level and the status of progress in relation to the programme schedule so that management can assess the status of any project at any point in time;
- Produce performance data and prepare monthly reports for management including KPI reporting;
- Coach, develop and mentor peers in commercial and contractual matters and act as an example to others.
- Relevant university degree or HND
- RICS Chartership (MRICS) - Desirable
- Experience of commercial, contract law and project management
- Working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms and/or other similar forms of Contract
- Experience in the telecoms, utilities or construction sector
- Methodical approach
- Attention to detail
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.