Manchester, Greater Manchester
£100000 - £150000 per annum + pension, hybrid, bonus
5 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a CTO to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry. You will be focal point for most aspects of the technical excellence of the Company's activities. Promoting this vision to internal and external stakeholders. Setting and overseeing the large-scale technical objectives of departments within the business focusing on information systems & business processes. Ensuring that resourcing, training and related resources are appropriate to the needs of teams within the business.
Contributing to the Company's Compliance Framework which is the responsibility of others.
Understand, adopt and take over the senior leadership role on current development goals. This will include scope, budgets, resourcing and an understanding of risks/benefits.
Working with the Sales, IT Development, Risk and Operational teams, form a pragmatic and well rounded vision of the future objectives of the business.
Establish and maintain a simple reporting mechanism for IT related matters which is suitable for consumption by peers within the business.
Establish yourself as the "go to person" for Company personnel on key issues within the industry related to technology, service innovation etc.
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of relevant software tooling especially innovations and/or new products that could help the business be more effective.
Raise the profile of the Company in the telecommunications industry through presentation, authoring papers or other means to external stakeholders/industry members.
Degree in Information Systems related subject.
- Strong track record in the leadership of Telco based information systems.
Involvement with the evaluation and selection of software-based solutions including in-house and out-sourced options.
Evangelising Company activities to a broad range of stakeholders.
Working with Senior Leadership Team members with complimentary skills to successfully manage a business or substantial operating division.
- Continued Professional Development in areas related to information systems and/or technical system development leadership.
- Evidence of a wider interest in CPD (e.g., non-systems training in something related to business function).
- Working in a regulated industry with dedicated risk and security function.
- Leadership of projects affecting many end-users.
- Working in a business delivering products and services in a multi-disciplinary environment (i.e., Not just using software development).
- £100,000 - £150,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays ( Plus 1 day off for your birthday)
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.