North West London, London
£22000 - £25000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our client was established several years ago and is today is recognised as a prominent UK supplier/ wholesaler. Distributing thousands of branded consumables and equipments, our client is also a leading manufacturer of their own brand label supply lines including everyday consumables.
Responsible in supporting and managing the associated company portfolio of export customers and the main point of contact for the daily operations of some key accounts and liaise directly with both customers and suppliers on a regular basis.
- Prepare and maintain the paperwork associated with the trading and shipment of goods.
- Create and obtain approval for orders, and also document invoices and delivery notes.
- As shipments come and go, manage warehouse inventory levels to ensure that space is used effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with warehouse staff, suppliers and customers to coordinate the delivery of goods, and also ensure that all government and organizational policies are followed.
Daily Routine of Tasks:
- Check emails for - New customer quote requests, existing customer queries, existing customer orders and supplier communications. Meadows (Gibraltar Supplies) order processing.
- Send new customers quotes via email. (involves sourcing if there are new products that are not already existent)
- Obtain required due diligence documentation from customers based on current rules and regulation of import/export.
- Send proforma invoice to customers for payment.
- Ask accounts team for any payments received from customers.
- Match payment with outstanding proforma invoices.
- Source any new products/suppliers required for business.
- Obtain commodity codes for all products/goods exported outside of the United Kingdom.
- Order the stock accordingly with current or new suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers and customer to ensure goods are received in a timely manner.
- Booking-in of ordered stock in Orderwise once they are received.
- Ensure commodity codes and weights are recorded for each time for Intrastat reporting and dispatch purposes.
- Resolving any discrepancies with stock received with suppliers directly and arranging replacements/credits accordingly.
- Checking of supplier invoices against goods ordered and matching with purchase orders.
- Inform customers on the status of their orders.
- Depending on customer requirements, release part of fully received orders to warehouse to pick and pack.
- Once packed, obtain weights and dimensions to provide customer if they are arranging a collection using their own courier, transport/haulier companies or arrange the transport for the customer using one of the transport companies in this case the transport is charged to the customer either at point of quoting or before dispatch by raising another proforma for the service
- Be the primary point of contact and build long term relationships with our customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Monitor and analyse customer's usage on customer accounts and issue reports as required
- Responsible for working with the Sales Team to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Ownership and management of logistics paperwork when booking the necessary courier
- Preparing monthly customer product usage reports and other customer related reports
Experience and Education required
- Educated to minimum A level
- Proven account management or relevant experience of 2 / 3 years+
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credible and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and rest of the Team
- Proven experience as within a similar role (but with a hunger to add value and make a difference)
- Excellent IT capabilities including Excel and Outlook and knowledge of CRM Systems (training will be given)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below