£35000 - £40000 per annum + company van, pension
12 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Engineer to join a rapidly growing telecoms business based in the North West. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as a Field Engineer in fibre and wireless networks.
You will be responsible for the survey, installation and support of new and existing wireless and fibre network infrastructures. To ensure that all devices and networks are installed to industry standards and faults are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for the design & survey of wireless networks (FWA & Wi-Fi).
- Responsible for the installation and commission of wireless networks.
- Unlicensed Band 2.4GHz to 5.8Ghz (not limited to).
- Licensed Band 6GHz to 38GHz (not limited to).
- E-Band & V-Band 60GHz & 80GHz (not limited to).
- Design, Configuration and Installation of Switch and Router infrastructures.
- Splice, test and connect optical fibres and commission circuits.
- Fit and commission active equipment at the customers premises and in the PoP's and where appropriate under the guidance of the network manager.
- Supervise delivery partners in the installation of optical fibres, splicing and testing in 3rd party duct, including Openreach PIA works.
- To understand end to end wireless and fibre network design and configuration, performance and resilience optimisation and also problem diagnoses and resolution.
- Understanding of networking devices and topologies.
- Knowledge of wireless networking, microwave radio, Ethernet and fibre.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software and services.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight SLAs.
- Ability to produce survey and site visit reports to a high quality.
- Ability to work at height.
- Test rod and rope experience.
- Civils, cabling, splicing and testing experience, preferably in a field-based role.
- Use of telecoms installation & test equipment.
- Valid DBS check.
- Full clean driving license.
- Good communication skills.
- Critical Thinking - Must have the ability to use logic to solve issues and report back on lessons learned.
- Problem-solving Skills - Tech Support as well as testing and maintenance.
- Customer Service Skills - Demonstrative.
- Strong Time Management.
- Computer Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office suite of programs).
- Up to £40,000 DOE.
- Company Van.
- Additional benefits.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.