£22000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Freight Forwarding Customer Service Advisor
Hours - Full time, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - £22-25,000 per annum
Location - Chelmsford
The duties of this role include: The purpose of the role is to execute perfect customer service from start to finish, including invoicing, for Ocean import and export of products engaging customers, providing solutions with constant care of cost of serve and profit.
Main individual responsibilities:
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance. requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations.
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim.
- Utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods.
- Arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door-to-door.
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies.
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services.
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit-cost analysis.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
- Documentation literature
- Ability to Provide a high level of professional customer service
- AIR/OCE IMP/EXP Operation procedures know-how
- Knowledge of Accounting
- Business and geography acumen
- Fluent in English. Second language as a plus.
- Specific experience within UK/USA shipments
Import and export booking with Agent and Shipping line