Manchester, Greater Manchester
£24500 - £27000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
5 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Network Engineer to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
The Graduate Network Engineer is expected to assist with the testing and implementation of network solutions required by the business, while working to strict deadlines and being flexible to changing business requirements. The role also involves providing support for diagnostics and resolution of network incidents.
- Test, document and implement network solutions to deliver business objectives.
- Support the delivery of multiple projects at the same time to achieve agreed timescales.
- Contribute to the build and capacity management of the network, to facilitate optimal network operation under normal and failure conditions.
- Assist with the resolution of network and system incidents within desirable timeframes to meet defined SLAs.
- Support the development of automation solutions to improve process/operational efficiency in the networks team.
- Maintain the build of the network lab to support the team's development projects.
- Support senior members of the team with execution of periodic maintenance tasks for network elements.
- Engineering/Maths/Science related university degree.
- Knowledge of core network components e.g. Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and their respective roles in a network.
- Knowledge/experience of structured cabling for implementation of physical network connections between devices.
- Basic knowledge of L2/L3 routing and switching protocols such as static routing, OSPF, ISIS, STP, VLANs, MAC learning etc.
- Knowledge of IPv4 subnetting
- Knowledge of Network design workflow.
- Experience using Network Monitoring Systems e.g. LibreNMS, PRTG, etc.
- Python or Linux scripting.
- £24,500 - £27,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.