Manchester, Greater Manchester
£80000 - £100000 per annum + pension, hybrid, additional benefits
5 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Head of PMO to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
You will be responsible for supporting the Executive team in executing business strategy for ensuring efficient and effective performance of project management and planning across each business line. You will help to shape the strategic direction and impact of project management whilst leading and engaging key internal and external stakeholders to ensure excellence in collaborative working and delivery.
You will be responsible for developing and leading a team of competent Project Managers and Planners, working closely with other departments to achieve the overarching objectives of the function in supporting business growth, operational efficiency and assurance. The role will report into the Chief Delivery Officer and will form part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Inform and implement the business strategy whilst ensuring that business performance targets are appropriately set, communicated and delivered.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key stakeholders, working closely with other department heads to ensure their needs are being met across the business.
- Understand the value drivers for the business and identify profitable opportunities to grow revenue, improve business process, identify cost savings or deliver a step change for the business.
- Control and implement effective change management processes and procedures, considering industry best practice.
- Provide leadership of the PMO function, ensuring effective and efficient running of the operation including developing and maintaining the necessary mix of skills and capabilities to meet the demands of the business.
- Working with all members of the PMO team to maintain & develop a positive progressive culture in line with the company values within the discipline and ensure continual professional development is taking place.
- Ensure that effective governance and controls are in place with accurate and timely reporting to provide information on business performance to enable effective decision making.
- Develop and maintain a 'Centre of Excellence' to achieve quality, consistency, and oversight of project delivery to enable effective and efficient execution, management and reporting.
- Create, maintain, review and administer project schedules and plans for multiple projects that support our customers in line with the planning cycle.
- To develop and maintain the project management methodologies, standards and tools to attain project delivery excellence and provide guidance on appropriate systems to be deployed to manage projects, resources and planning.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to develop, streamline and measure specific Key Performance Indicators to ensure performance of project management and planning is in line with business objectives including the management and reporting of RFS, build performance and WIP, Limit of Construction (LoC) and MDU deployment and facilitate timely and accurate performance reporting.
- Ensure that effective Risk and Opportunities management systems/processes and registers are in place.
- Deliver plans for the effective mobilisation, scaling and steady state delivery for each project of all areas of the business i.e. design and build projects, software and any other projects.
- Good mathematical/Analytical skills.
- Excellent demonstrable track record & skills/experience gained within a similar strategic/PMO position.
- Proven strategic aptitude and ability to see beyond team and departmental boundaries.
- Experience of managing direct and indirect reports through periods of organisational change.
- Precise and diligent
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding client focused environment
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and make sound decisions accordingly
- £80,000 - £100,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.