Chadderton, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the UKs fastest growing wholesaler based on the outskirts of Manchester City Centre as a HR Advisor. As HR Advisor, you will be lead and manage a number of sites in the North, in all ER aspects and will be office based in our clients' Support Centre in Oldham, Manchester. As HR Advisor, you will be responsible for offering support and guidance to all management levels across the business. This role would suit an experienced HR Advisor wanting a challenging and varied role.
This HR Advisor role calls for an experienced HR generalist with up-to-date knowledge of HR best practice and employment law. A private sector background would be relevant. An MCIPD qualification would also be an advantage. A fantastic communicator, with strong influencing and relationship-building skills, you will be able to engage successfully with people at all levels, whether you're handling difficult situations with individuals or delivering change management programmes on the ground.
- Lead and manage HR for a number of sites
- Deal with all aspects of Employee Relations; consultations, managing absence, disciplinaries, GDPR, grievances, Gender Pay Reporting, TUPE, recruitment etc.
- Performance Management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Learning & Development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Training: Deliver training as / when required to support the training and development agenda.
- Policy & procedures implementation. Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies
- Working with directors and senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues in their region
- Payroll support in the absence of the Payroll Officer
- Crafting of business and people solutions
- Regular visits to regional distribution centres to implement the above
- Projects - Recruitment, policy writing, career and succession planning, graduate recruitment, TUPE.
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the senior management team
- Confidence in directing and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development; ensuring compliance and consistency across the business
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Strong attention to detail
- CIPD Level 5 minimum
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word (mail merge, vlookup's, produce graphs)
- A professional and commercially focused approach to HR
- The ability to work autonomously and prioritise own workload
- Experience in a fast paced, blue-collar environment
- Permanent and full-time role
- Great long term career prospects
- Exciting and varied culture
- Attractive annual bonus
- Parking on site