IT Account Director
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Commission, car allowance, pension scheme
10 days ago
IT Account Director
Salary: £40K-£55K + Double OTE + £5K car allowance + Uncapped Comms
Who we are
We are an award-winning next generation IT Services company delivering innovative security, networking, business continuity and cloud infrastructure solutions for businesses and public sector organisations across the UK.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a vastly experienced, technically competent, technical Account Director to manage and develop some existing accounts as well as acquiring some new business logos within a range of markets including Commercial, Enterprise and the Public Sector.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing, and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- Undertake any other duties as requested.
- Experience: Minimum experience of 4 years within an IT sales role with an IT reseller, MSP or Specific Vendors
- Education / Qualification: We are very interested in individuals with sales and / or technical qualifications in Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft, Nutanix and Public Cloud.
- Personality: Interest and awareness in developing technologies and trends. Proactive, dynamic & focussed with the ability to demonstrate a lot of attention to detail. Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Personal Situation: This role is either based out of our HQ or remote. The successful candidate must be able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Working at and travel to customer sites when required. Overnight stays may be required whilst working on projects.
- Computer skills: Must have the ability to process complex information, must be adept in use of Internet, email & Microsoft office applications
- Literacy and Numeracy: Must be a competent writer of IT related documentation. Excellent written and verbal skills including ability to summarise and articulate complex solutions to clients. Well-developed analytically and problem-solving skills.
- Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success supporting others in the business.
- Technical Skills: We are looking for someone with a good knowledge of all aspects of enterprise applications, computer infrastructure, ICT security and networking - Especially interested in people who have sold / designed solutions from Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft, Nutanix and Public Cloud. Experience with SaaS, IaaS, Hosting & Business Continuity would also be useful.
- Experience: Interested in people that have worked for security specialists, systems integrators, VAR's, managed service providers, hosting & cloud providers.
- Management Ability: The ability to manage projects (Internal and External) along with the ability take day to day ownership of core business functions in ICT service delivery along with supporting and mentoring other members of the team is essential. Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability may therefore be useful.