£40000 - £50000 per annum + pension, car allowance
3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing telecoms business. My client is seeking an experienced Lead Systems Developer to develop, design and manage the overall systems and IT portfolio.
This is a hands-on role requiring solid development capability with the ability to interface with management. Development knowledge needs to stretch across multiple areas; database, operating systems, web, software (full stack) - with software and web being the primary areas.
This role will suit candidates who wish to bring their proven Systems and technical IT knowledge into the telecommunications industry with a leading networking company, driving fibre delivered products and services to partners, businesses, and residential customers across the UK.
- Developing and managing the Systems and IT strategy for the company, ensuring current and future OSS/BSS requirements are being met.
- Analysing current systems and identifying improvements.
- Developing system or application capability where required, and integrating into System architecture.
- Working directly with System vendors and partners to maintain optimum Systems performance and availability.
- Keeping the Senior Management Team and other key stakeholders updated with strategic and tactical plan progression.
- Maintaining good working relationships with key suppliers/partners and ensuring the latest system developments are being brought through into the Systems strategy.
- Acting as prime support contact during any major Systems outage.
- Work to best practice methodologies, minimising impact on production environments at all times.
- Strong previous development experience in the following: PHP, ASP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RESTful web services (JSON, HTML, XML), .NET
- Ability to design, read and write code to ensure it meets required security standards.
- Review and complete formal compliance documentation.
- Read technical specifications and translate them into development tasks.
- Understand security bulletins and apply them to Systems and IT infrastructure.
- Understand custom web systems and APIs and integrate them into the Systems and IT infrastructure.
- Ability to document internal processes and periodic compliance activities.
- Linux experience (Ubuntu)
- Systems language skills with hands on experience of developing Systems strategy.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application integration skills.
- Experience with GIS systems and associated languages and standards.
- Experience in networking standards and operation.
- Programming languages such as Python/Ruby, Java, C++.
- Experience/Qualifications relating to virtualisation/deployment technologies (VMware, ProxMox, AWS, Docker).
- Experience with Power Apps development and BI tools.
- Systems analysis, design, organisation and implementation skills.
- Working knowledge of telecoms industry fibre broadband products and services.
- Demonstrable experience working in a Systems architect or Systems engineering role.
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.