West End, London
£24000 - £27000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is Europe's largest provider of Electric delivery vehicles, Providing thousands of electric vehicles to delivery fleets across the UK and Europe
You'll be joining a team of technicians at the head workshop. The workshop supports the operations team and ensures vehicles are serviced and maintained.
You will be required to service mopeds and motorcycles predominantly in and around London, although some fleets will be elsewhere in the UK.
- To carry out routine servicing or maintenance on fleet mopeds and motorcycles
- Conduct diagnosis of any found or reported faults, carrying out repairs as required
- Completion of appropriate documentation
- Carry out road tests to confirm correct operation and stability following service/repair
- Operate stock control and manage the parts ordering process
- Ensure work space and tools/equipment is maintained to an acceptable standard
- Provide great customer service and offer advice to drivers and their managers
- Understand and comply with health and safety standards
- Attend training courses to update personal skills and knowledge
- Level 3 in City & Guilds qualification, whether that may be cars or motorcycles, or equivalent engineering qualification
- Full clean UK driving licence is essential
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification experience as a mechanic
Skills and attributes
- Good attention to details, with a focus on accuracy
- Organised approach to work and effective time management
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating an ability to develop effective and professional working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Professional approach, providing a positive influence to other members of the team
- Ability to develop and contribute to process and systems improvements
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Will go the extra mile to fulfil customer's needs
- Has a 'can do' attitude to work
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
Monday - Friday (40 hours per week) and every second Saturday.
- You will be required to have your own basic hand tools (specialist tools will be provided)
- The mechanic will receive a fuel card and his own van once he has passed a training period (all training is provided upon accepting the position)
- Full uniform and PPE are supplied
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . drury @ nmsrecruit . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.