£25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience plus company van
over 3 years ago
My client, a leader in the Smart Home Technology Sector, design and install systems in prestigious Homes.
NMS are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Networks & IT Support Engineer to join a busy delivery team. You’ll be supporting large project installations with network setup and configuration, as well as supporting the Aftercare & Maintenance Team.
- Provide first line support for the Service Desk.
- Covering IT, Networking, Control and AV support issues.
- Providing network and IT support to the engineers in the field.
- IT support for the office.
- Working with and escalating certain matters to the office IT support company as and when required.
- Prepare and assist with network pre-configuration and documentation for projects to support the engineers out in the field.
- Your time out in the field will be managed on a rotation basis when we can schedule cover for your office- based tasks.
- Where appropriate, improve, streamline and document the process of office IT and Network support.
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Able to install and configure network equipment is essential. Understanding how the network supports each AV sub system would be advantageous.
- Experience of both Windows and MAC operating systems.
- An understanding of Active Directory and Office 365.
- Knowledge of IP addressing, DHCP, DNS and VLANs.
- Practical experience of trouble shooting and configuring structured category cabling, network switches, wireless access points and routers. (Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus & Draytek).
- Understanding of Internet connections and delivery methods.
- Understanding of OSI model.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Working on your own, as well as working both in a Networks Engineering Team and as part of a broader project delivery team.
- Hold a clean and current driving licence
- Valid ECS card
- Own hand tools.
- An interest in Smart Home technology.
- Good knowledge of residential AV, control (AMX, Crestron, KNX, Rti) Lutron lighting and network systems (Cisco, Ruckus).
- Experience with setting up of CCTV cameras and NVRs (Samsung)
- Apple/iTunes eco system
- Telephone Systems (VOIP, SIP)
- The ability to read and work from schematic drawings
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send an up to date CV, if you haven’t received a response within 5 days assume your application has been unsuccessful.