£45000 - £55000 per annum + hybrid working, bonus, car allowance
10 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a experienced Operations Manager to join a thriving telecoms business. You will be working as part of the operations team to install fibre networks across the UK including complex connections. The role is to directly manage the network installation through partners to pre-determined timelines and budgets, working closely with the Senior Operations Manager team to ensure timely communication and update of status and requirements against the plan.
- Lead internal, and third part sub-contractor teams to deliver the build programme
- Lead and manage fibre build and construction activities for fibre deployments. You will provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre build and construction, this includes all civils (including re-instatement) cabling and splicing/testing activities plus the production of associated in build documentation.
- Control and management of the third-party civils/cabling sub-contractors to meet QESH construction, build quality and productivity efficiency targets.
- Adherence to health and safety policies.
- Provide all necessary documentation and update to the Senior Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Consult with the Build Partners to ensure delivery and appropriate resources are available to meet milestone deadlines.
- Stock management and coordination of site materials
- Conduct quality controls throughout the duration of the build and report into QESH in a timely manner.
- Previously managed build projects relating to fixed and cable operator networks and associated build guidelines. You will have led construction projects across GPON, FTXX and have in-depth knowledge of roads and permits, traffic management and its associated legislation and codes of practice.
- Experience within the telecoms industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Professional or similar project management tools.
- Experienced in managing subcontractors, TM Partners, and handling site escalations
- Experience in street works working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Good working knowledge of the fibre industry
- Full clean driving licence.
- Contractor supervision both civils and Fibre
- Experience interacting across diverse levels within a business and their supplier organisations.
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience in both underground and overhead network builds.
- Working knowledge of PIA.
- Up to £55,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Car allowance
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.