Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £70000 per annum + pension, bonus, additional benefits
11 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Planner to join a rapidly growing business within the fibre industry.
You will develop, monitor, analyse and report on project plans adding value through experience and skills, challenging where required and being able to liaise with various stakeholders and prepare reports for project teams and management.
- Create, maintain, review and administer project schedules and plans for multiple projects in line with the planning cycle.
- Apply good baseline management and liaise with the designers and build teams to discuss and review the progress of projects and implement corrective action plans as appropriate.
- Apply good level of planning control, governance and reporting using best practice including Earned Value Management reporting, variance analysis and the preparation of corrective action plans.
- To work closely with the regional project/cost teams, contractor partners and suppliers to ensure that plans are updated and maintained on a regular basis to reflect progress within the agreed planning cycle
- Apply risk and contingency management plans and identify any serious deviations to the plans that will impact project performance.
- Maximise the benefits of Microsoft Project including the exporting of data into Microsoft Excel format for reporting and analysis.
- Identify and manage changes to the work scope and track changes.
- To develop Company controls/planning and reporting policies and procedures.
- To be able to confidently present project performance to management and design/build teams.
- Support the development and training of staff in project planning and Earned Value Management
- Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from project teams.
- Gather actual data, update project schedule, and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
- 5-10 years experience of managing large multiple discipline project plans, each with a value of ca. £10m, in a similar industry e.g. construction, telecoms etc.
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge and practical application of Earned Value Management for tracking project costs, time, resources and the management of risk.
- Able to demonstrate a clear level of planning control, governance and reporting through previous experience.
- Able to demonstrate good planning management to effectively manage project deviations and support teams in producing corrective action plans to mitigate potential cost and time overruns.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively liaise and communicate with surveyors, designers, and build team members to ensure that weekly updates are provided in a timely manner.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project and Excel and its practical application to projects.
- Producing progress reports and forecasts for team members, management and stakeholders that are informative and succinct.
- Demonstrate an ability to problem solving.
- £65,000 - £70,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Additional benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV, if you don't receive a response within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.